MAD HOUSE HELSINKI OFFERS SPACE FOR LIVE AND PERFORMANCE ART
Located at the Teurastamo area, in Helsinki. Mad House Helsinki welcomes everyone, and we do our best to make the venue accessible and safe for everyone.
The Mad House premises comprise of the venue and an office space. There is a direct access from the yard to the venue. The Mad House Helsinki premises have no foyer.
The audience enters from the Teurastamo yard. You may drive a car into the yard, but there is no parking in the yard. There are parking spaces in the nearby streets.
The venue is wheelchair accessible. However, there are few thresholds inside. Wheelchair users and people with special needs are kindly asked to contact Mad House so that we can ensure the accessibility of the space. Free tickets for assistants should be booked in advance.
Accessible toilet can be found in the Teurastamo area. Unfortunately, Mad House Helsinki has no accessible toilet at the moment. The toilet is located upstairs and is accessible only via a staircase. The Mad House Helsinki toilet is gender neutral.
PERFORMANCE & LANGUAGE
The languages of the performances vary. You can find information on the pages of the performance in question. Many pieces do not require command of the language. People suffering from migraine and other sensory symptoms are advised to familiarize themselves with performance-specific information. Some of the pieces may contain flashing lights, powerful sounds, and / or smoke.
Mad House is located in Helsinki, among the cultural facilities and restaurants of the Teurastamo area, 500 meters West from the Kalasatama metro station. Address: Työpajankatu 2a, building 4. FIND US ON THE MAP .
The Mad House Helsinki venue, with a distinct brick tower, is located in the Teurastamo yard, between restaurant Palema and distillery bar Tislaamo. There is a small grassy barbeque area in front of Mad House. The location is easily accessible by public transport: The nearest metro stations are Kalasatama and Sörnäinen, the buses 16, 55, 59, 550, and 510 stop nearby, and there is a city bike station in front of Teurastamo. Those arriving by car can find parking spaces in the nearby streets (2 hours free parking with a parking disk).
Mad House Helsinki uses Safer Space guidelines. In order to create a safer space we need your help:
1. Let's not assume consent. Lets's ask for it!
2. Let's respect the physical, mental and emotional boundaries of others as well as our own.
3. Let's not assume the identity, sexuality, ethnicity, gender, health and background of others.
4. Let's respect the opinions, beliefs and experiences of others even when they differ from ours.
5. Let's be aware of our prejudices, privileges, behaviour and the space we occupy.
6. Let's strive to act with positive intent and take care of each other.
7. Then last but not least, no harassment or discrimination what so ever, no homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ableism, fatphobia, etc.
(Guidelines by UrbanApa)
If you have any questions, please be in contact with our office email liput (at) madhousehelsinki.fi.